Monday, October 10, 2016

We have a magazine to produce

It was sometime around 8:30 in the morning when Sasha woke up in a groggy haze to her to the piercing barks of Cupcake and Lollipop. Sasha groaned; she had already stayed up half the night since her neighbor across the hall, Dan, felt the need to have a late night jam session with his band Mayhem Lettuce. After wallowing in the warmth of her bed for just one extra minute, Sasha shuffled to the door in her bunny slippers and her fluffy pink robe and quietly cracked open the door. To her surprise the hallway was awash with cameras, photographers, and even a donut bar. Curious as to why people would actually choose to photograph the Victorian, Sasha began to walk down the hallway towards the lobby when she was stopped by a man in a white button up shirt with a tiny gold tag that read producer. The man grabbed her by the arms and began pulling her toward the lobby; “come with me.” he said. Sasha wrenched her arm out of his hand and yelled, “who are you and why are you touching me!” The man looked down at Sasha and asked her “Don’t you know? We’re here looking for residents to be featured in Southern Living Magazine, so do you want to be featured or not?”. Sasha gazed down at the man’s shiny patent shoe which was tapping rather loudly against the tile floor. Her voice began to shake as she replied, “um, uh, I uh don’t really like cameras”. “Look kid, I need an answer now, yes or no!” replied the man. As the silence grew longer Sasha could feel her heart beat quicken and her stomach begin to churn. Familiar thoughts began to swirl around in her head “I can’t do this. I can’t have people looking at me. What if I mess up? I don’t know how to model. I’ll look like a fool”. “I have to go!”, Sasha said as she ran back towards her apartment, locked the door, and lunged for the waste basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment